Ouch... think I might have damaged myself!

16:21 Unknown 0 Comments

Yes... from the title you'd easily be able to guess that I am in a little pain today but it is self-inflicted which makes it even worse!

I was going to put it down to the 'Walk-to-Press-up' move which is ten times harder than doing a straight 15 press-ups - but it isn't its fault. Its from my activities on Saturday.

I guess I can't really just leave it there! lol! I might have to elaborate a little (though some people might scream, "No, Colm... Stop! No... we don't need the details!", but it isn't quite what you might think! lol!

The weather here in South Korea is glorious at this time of year and during the working week you miss most of the beautiful sunshine as you are locked up teaching - so at weekends you are supposed of makes the most of it!  So, on Saturday we headed south of our little city to go to a shooting range just inside the remit of the next province.

We packed some drinks into the car, got some fuel and then headed off - not really knowing where we were going or how much it would cost but it was a lovely afternoon out!

We got to shoot Korean Police issued handguns, did some air-rifle shooting (very sensitive triggers!) and I ended the day with some clay pigeon shooting... ergo the pain!  The kick from the shotgun didn't feel that bad at the time but by bedtime I had to put Deepheat on it (actually it was Tiger Balm) to ease the tight muscles.

Jumping back to today then... well the aforementioned 'Walk-to-Push-up's are virtually impossible and although I've tried to work through the pain it virtually locks out my shoulder at times too.  If I was at home I would consider getting a quick massage but out here it is tantamount to endorsing someone to deliver GBH on you so it isn't an option.

Burpees and Squats are becoming easier (still a little dizzy after them) but otherwise grand! No visual improvements that I can see yet... but it is only the second week and with both a change in diet and doing these exercises I hope that by the end of the summer I might have visibly improved a little.

By the way... Coconut Water isn't nice - or at least to my Irish palette anyway! Real coconut milk - YES - but the water stuff isn't easy to drink at all, even mixed with berries and oj!  It might be the brand I have (I hope it is) which is from Australia but I'm not going to find out until I finish the 10 bottles we have left! lol!

You Might Also Like

0 comments :