To upload or not to upload... that is the question.

10:17 Unknown 0 Comments

I'm on my 5th day of the Spartanfam method and to be honest I am feeling it!

I can really feel my muscles getting tighter - especially in my upper arms; specifically the back of my arms and on the side of my chest up at my armpits.  Girls - I think if you have 'bingo-wings' then this may help work it off a bit!
I am definitely finding the Burpees and Squat Jumps the hardest part - not for difficulty but because I get dizzy doing them... though it is starting to go away as I become more concentrated on them and am choosing points to focus on rather than panning my whole vision from the ground up and down again.

My wife had asked me whether I was going to post a before pic for readers to view - and I did think about this for quite a while (though admittedly I was leaning towards a No from the outset).
I came to the conclusion that since I want this to be an honest blog about my progress I would openly admit that I don't want to put a picture of myself right now up online! At least, not one that shows my flabby belly in all its undefined glory! But that's not a cop out...

I don't want to post an image which basically says, "Look at me and my fat", because I am embarrassed by it and I don't want to show the world me... right now... just as I am trying to do something about it.

Instead I think I will post the pic when I feel I can show clear, visible results - or at least when I don't feel ashamed about what I have done to myself.

So, I will post 'before' and 'after' pics later down the line - possibly by the end of the summer (if I can keep working hard at this).


As for the exercises themselves - they are easy (bar the dizziness) though the Pull-ups are proving small challenge to me... doing them in the doorway is quite easy, no matter how far forward I put my feet without falling. Yet trying to do full Pull-ups is a killer, I just can't do more than 2 before something just giving out.
I think I might do a double dose of them in a doorway to see if I feel something... (after the Press-ups and Bench-dips I almost feel as if my arms are getting bigger so I want to feel something from the Pull-ups too to help me know that I am doing them correctly).
Or maybe I am bonkers and missing something... perseverance at the full Pull-ups might be a better option (and I have found a doorway in school to allow me to do them there too!).

Ok... 3 days of Workout Week 1 left... lets push it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments :